Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Half Mile Run



Marcus:  Please bow your heads and talk softly.  We don't want Jan to hear us plotting against her.

Merci:  I'm not sure about this.  One of us could get hurt.

Buddy:  We all agreed it's for her own good.  Jan needs the exercise. 

Merci:  Yes, but she's old.  We're old too.  I don't think I can keep up with the rest of you.

Marcus:  Sure you can, Merci.  Just keep those short legs pumping.  And, Buddy, breathe from your diaphragm. 

Buddy:  How can I breathe from something I can't spell and I don't know what or where it is?

Marcus:  It's a muscular partition separating the abdominal and thoracic cavities.  It functions in respiration.

Merci:  I don't know anything about that, but I sure hope my lungs still function so I can breathe.

Buddy:  I used to have stamina, but I lost it on one of our extended walks.  I'll do my best.

Marcus:  If we all go together, Jan will follow one way or another.  On her feet or on her face.

Buddy:  I hope it's on her feet.  I forget how to dial 9-1-1. 

Marcus:  On the count of three.  One ... two ... RUUUUNNNN!  Hey, why are you both lying down?

Merci:  We just finished a half mile run.  I'm exhausted. 

Marcus:  Half mile?  You ran three steps.  Jan isn't even winded. 

Buddy:  That's okay.  We are. 

Merci:  This was a good workout, Marcus.  We'll have to try it again some day.   

17 comments:

  1. Crikey Marcus ...... since when do you know so much about science stuff?? 'a muscular partition separating the abdominal and thoracic cavities. It functions in respiration.' Even my mate Bertie wouldn't know about that. You've gone up in my estimations, mate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    Now that's my kinda half mile!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are too funny! A run/walk might be good for all of you to start, to ease into it, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I ADORE you crazy Funny Farmers!!! And Marcus, you must have been doing some adult education classes, no? Thoracic cavities, indeed! I am impressed. I hope Jan finally kept up....

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD OMD you all have us ROLLING in the Grass... Laughing our Collars OFF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are funny. Are you sure it is Jan in need of exercise and not you



    You are all too funny. Are you sure it is Jan that needs the exercise?



    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to work hard! You guys are so funny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Running always sounds like a better idea than it turns out to be for us. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only time my mom would run is if a ghost was chasing her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marcus are you causing trouble
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  11. hay ewe dawgs....... we like yur eye dea oh a werk out....may bee ewe could make one oh thoz videe oh moovee things & put it on you tube & then it getz 200 bazillion hitz & yur now werld fame mouz ~~ !!! ☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is wise to ease into these things slowly!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would never be able to get my old pup to run half a mile with me. But that's okay since I wouldn't run a half mile anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even I'm tired after that run!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marcus, maybe you could pull Merci and Buddy and Jan in a wagon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The petcretary here walked 5.25 miles this evening according to her fit-bit...but of course even dog-guy stayed at home...at 14 that is a bit much fur him...and we kitties just play chase in the den...but...now we feel all exhausted listening to your views on the running stuff:)

    But staying in shape is a good idea, right??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.