We had a collective panic attack this afternoon. (No, that isn't the good news.) Earlier this month we again partnered with Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul but we had a couple of Jan's senior weeks and we -- let's just say when we read Nikita Cat's post on the same giveaway (ends 8/28, 11:59 pm PST) , we didn't give it a second thought. After all, the end of August is near and we'd already finished our giveaway for the month.
Well, if you're reading this, you've probably guessed by now that we hadn't even started it. And Jan wouldn't let us use the computer. She had about 3 software programs open and 5 or 6 tabs open in the browser and the floor around the typing chair and the desk were littered with breakables. Glass and china items Jan was posting on Jan's Funny Farm Fair. (That's her "yard sale" of personal items. Stop by and browse.)
We have finally
Now we're ready for the good news.
We're off to a late start on this giveaway. You might want to enter right away so you don't forget. We're going to list the specifics, in no particular order, just numbering them so they stand out for you.
1) You must be a US resident to enter.
2) The giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EDT on Tuesday, August 31. We (probably Sam) will draw a winning name - from something non-breakable - on September 1st and post it. Be sure to leave a blog url or an email address so we can get in touch with you should you win.
3) The theme is Summer Travel Stories. Share your pet-related travel stories or tips on how to care for your pet on the road or when you are away. Some of you take your pet camping or on a motor trip, some of you do travel on your vacation but have to leave leave your pets home - board your pets while you are gone or use a pet sitter. We look forward to reading your travel stories and your tips. Have fun.
4) Entering is simple. You do not need to have a blog to enter this giveaway.
a) Just leave your story or tip in the comments of this post.
b) Or post your entry on your own blog and leave a link in the comments of this post.
5) The prize is either a dog or a cat "goody bag" from Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul. The goody bag will be pet appropriate, depending on whether the winner is a dog or a cat.
Stop by and "Like" the Chicken Soup Facebook Page.
Grey of Hubble Space Center took a turn for the worse and had to be helped to the bridge last evening. Purrs and tail wags for his family.
One other thing. We found the article "Mandatory spay/neuter: Sacrificing animal lives to ideology" posted on Pet Connection Blog to be interesting reading.
UPDATE 9/1/10 -- The winner is announced here.