We are all pleasantly surprised today. We have received two awards. The first: Samaritan our largest and youngest brother has received his first - The Thinking Blogger Award - passed on to him by Sassy Little Cat. He was stunned speechless. And he's usually a chatterbox. But we'll let him announce it himself.
Here are the rules attached to this award:
1. You must write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think. (No fish or bird blogs, they'll just make you hungry)
2. Acknowledge this post.
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award" with a link to the post that you wrote.
4. Go tell your humans to fork over the treats!
Samaritan here. Yes, this was a surprise, but it's shared with the entire Funny Farm, as you can see. Sassy wrote, "I would like to pass this award on to: Samaritan at Jan's Funny Farm, because I am still trying to figure out how the phone got to the pool party and calls were made to home; hey, it wasn't even a cell phone. They are always helping others and making us aware of others who need help and how we can help them." (In case you missed Sassy's pool party, you can read our post here or Sassy's here. Notice the telephone I used to call home. And, no, I didn't call collect.)
Sassy, thank you for sharing this award with me - with us. It will be a pleasure to share it with others. We have been making so many friends among the dogs and cats of the Internet, it will be a hard choice. But I have to choose so...
1) Poppy Q because she is always introducing her readers to new friends. She takes the time to learn about each one. She encouraged SophieKitty to start blogging when her mom's arm healed. She definitely makes us think about being kind to others.
2) Stormy at the Army of Four Digest because he took up Beau's cause and gathered the Troopers together, regular A04 Troopers and Volunteer. He doesn't just think, he acts.
Uh-oh, I boo-booed. We all assumed since Stormy is Supreme Commander of the Ao4, she is a he. But she isn't a he. She's a she. And we all apologize, Stormy! (Get over here, guys. You told me she was a boy, so you have to apologize too.)
3) Darling Millie & her mom because her mom kept her word and started blogging to keep everyone updated on Millie's progress. Millie helps her mom do nice things to help others, but we aren't allowed to tell their secrets.
4) Forty Paws because Maw & her crew have done so much to help pass stronger laws against animal cruelty after losing one of their own.
5) Chase because, although she lost her eyelids, nose, and back leg at 4 weeks of age, she is an overcomer who spreads cheer as a therapy cat.
Okay, now that Samaritan has made his choices, we want to add a little PS here.
First, we are all dying to know how Samaritan managed to get hold of a phone when no one attending had a cell phone with them and Samaritan had no money to pay for a phone call. He forgets he's not a puppy anymore and has large vocal chords, but he managed to call home and yell YIPPPPPEEEEEE!!! in Jan's ear. She's still having trouble hearing out of that one ear.
We've asked him where he got the phone, but all he'll tell us is, Think about it. So, Sassy, we don't know either. If you find out, would you let us know?
Anyway, Samaritan has not let this swell his head and we'd like to show you how humbly Samaritan is taking this. Percy snapped this photo of me (Buddy) and Samaritan this afternoon.
"Hey, my head is not that big. What did you guys do to my picture?"
Uh-oh, gotta go. We'll have to post the other award tomorrow.
(s) Buddy, Percy & Jan's Funny Farm