Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dogs Live Here

This is one of those forwards we just have to post. It reminds us of home.


My dogs live here; they're here to stay.
You don't like pets, be on your way.
They share my home, my food, my space.
This is their home, this is their place.

You will find dog hair on the floor.
They will alert you're at the door.
They may request a little pat;
a simple, no, will settle that.

It gripes me when I hear you say,
Just how is it you live this way?
They smell, they shed, they're in the way
.
WHO ASKED YOU? is all I can say.

They love me more than anyone.
My voice is like the rising sun.
They merely have to hear me say,
C'mon, time to go and play.

Then tails wag and faces grin.
They bounce and hop and make a din.
They never say, No time for you.
They're always there, to go and do.

And if I'm sad, they're by my side.
And if I'm mad, they circle wide.
And if I laugh, they laugh with me.
They understand; they always see.

So once again, I say to you,
Come visit me, but know this too...
My dogs live here, they're here to stay.
You don't like pets, be on your way.
They share my home, my food, my space.
This is their home, this is their place.

Author Unknown (Anyone know who wrote this so we can give credit?)

Hooray! The funds being raised to remove the large, painful tumor from Bruno's leg hadn't yet reached the amount necessary for a vet to agree to operate, but a sweet, dedicated vet accepted the amount raised as a downpayment (something most vets won't do today) and Bruno's tumor has been successfully removed.

His mom can still use some help with the vet bill if any would still like to contribute. Scroll down toward the bottom of Bruno's page to read his updates.

Stop by Mr. Hendrix's to read the latest update on his cousin Sonny. The news is not good and the family can use your continued encouragement.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting us know about Mr. Hendrix. We didn't get an update yet on his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful post! We totally agree, Mommy says if people don't like all of us then she doesn't like them!

    We'll head over to Mr. Hendrix's now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha roo! We love that poem!
    Hey Samaritan! Yes, I am bi-eyed -- one blue eye, one amber. Same with Amber. :) Stormy is bi-eyed, too, only her brown eye is really deep, chocolate brown -- and has a flash of blue in it. So she's bi-eyed and parti-eyed! Dave ... Dave has two blue eyes. Weird, huh? Ha roo roo roo!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great poem. SS totally agrees. She says she gets better treatment from her pets, past and present (thanks SS), than from a lot of humans. Sorry to hear that Jan is still unwell. Look after her and I am purring hard for her early recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dat's a grate poem! We'd like to put dat in a frame in owr kitchen. Of course we'd change it to cats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Evewyone
    I have an awawd fow you on my bloggie, plus, I think I fixed the connection to Opal too..hope you'we all having a gweat day
    smoochie kises,Asta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there Jan and family!
    Thank you so much fur the comments and fur keeping us updated on Bruno and fur passing the message from Hammer and his mom to us! You are so kind!! Sorry we didn't reply sooner, it's just that we are really busy on weekdays...
    We're so happy that Bruno got his surgery, and we posted an update of his diary on our blog.
    Have a great day!
    Wags and licks,
    Maya and Kena

    ReplyDelete
  8. That poem is very true. Momma says if someone doesn't like Coco, there is something wrong with him/her.
    Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jan,

    Thanks for sharing the poem, it is so true. Our owner is not expecting much people to visit her home this year for CNY since she has us now.
    A lot of her friends and relative has complained about how we smell, the dog fur everywhere and the mess around the house. They don't understand why our owner has to keep us inside the house instead of outside. Well, our owner agreed with this poem wholeheartedly. She rather not welcome these people in the house than to kick us outside.

    p/s: If you don't mind, our owner would like to link your blog with ours so she can visit it more easily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the poem. I am so happy that Bruno got his operation. I'll head right over to Mr. Hendrix.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sure is a nice toon and great post.

    ~ Girl girl

    ReplyDelete
  12. man that's an awesome poem! and hooray for bruno!

    Thanks for hopping by my blog - i'll have to link to you :-)

    I'm mostly an outdoor bunny right now but only cuz of BDP (Big Dumb Puppy). I used to have free reign of the outdoor enclosure or inside but the puppy doesn't know how to act around us buns yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are very glad to hear that Bruno's tumour has been removed!

    We are purring and praying for Hendrix' woofie cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That poem reminds Momma of one of their old neighbors. He had this old dog that he loved very much and he told Momma once that the dog had a bed in every room (just like at our house hee hee) and that if people who came over didn't like it, they could leave. Hahahahaha! Momma feels the exact same way. We live here, they don't. So there! :)

    We added the Funny Farm to our blogroll. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.