Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Keep the Change



CYNDI:  Something has to be done about Jan's memory.  It's like Swiss cheese.


MERCI:  I know.  Did you hear about that conversation she had the other day with Mr. Doug?

CYNDI:  No.  What happened?

MERCI:  Well, Jan asked Mr. Doug if he would stop at Home Depot and pick her up another mat if they were still on sale.

CYNDI:  You must mean the new mat to collect mud on the inside porch.

MERCI:  Yes.  When Mr. Doug delivered it, she climbed into his van to go to Walmart and asked how much she owed him, and they had this conversation --

Mr. Doug:  You owe me half of $12.58. 

Jan:  *eyes wide, voice rising*  How much!  They doubled in price?

Mr. Doug:  I said you owe me half of $12.58.  See, here's the receipt.  I bought another one for myself.

Jan:  *looks at receipt.*  Mat is $5.88. Here's $6.

Mr. Doug:  Is this it?

Jan::  Don't worry, you can keep the change. 

Mr. Doug:  Keep the change?  You don't get it, do you?

Jan:  Get what?  You picked it up for me and it isn't that much over.

Mr. Doug:  I said you owe me half of $12.58.  I believe that would be $6.29.  You gave me $6.

Jan:  *light bulb goes on*  Oh, right, I just looked at the price of the mat and forgot about the tax.  Here's 30 cents.

Mr. Doug:  *tries to push it away*  No, it's not about the money.  I just wanted you to know what was happening.

Jan:  I'm sorry.  Here, take it.  And keep the change.

CYNDI:  You're pulling my paw, aren't you!  She really tipped Mr. Doug a penny?

MERCI:  I got it right from the penny-pincher's mouth.  Jan came home a bit confused and talking to herself about it.

CYNDI:  I hope you haven't told anyone.  We need to keep this story to ourselves.

MERCI:  Don't worry.  I haven't told another living furry or human.  It will be our secret, just between the two of us. 

CYNDI:  I'm glad you didn't tell the guys.  They would have laughed and blogged about it.

32 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We furries are fuzzy so fuzzy is good, right?

      Delete
  2. Hehe, peeps and Maths eh? Why don't they just use the milk bones currency like we do!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bad idea. Jan would need a much bigger purse, though, to carry all those milk bones.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    Hah - if it makes Jan feel any better you can tell her that the other day I had a COD man come with my parcel and I handed him what I thought was right; I had forgotten the del'y cost, I quickly rounded it up and gave what I thought was generous, saying 'something there for you too'... a few minutes later as opening up began I worked out the change would have been precisely 25p/36c !!! At least I won't be seeing that driver again... I think Mr Doug realised it was just Jan's brain not working rather than her being mean! Hugs and wags and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Doug thought Jan's fuzzy math skills (see Summer's comment) were funny.

      Delete
  4. My assistant's memory left ages ago ...I don't think it is coming back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps all these memories the humans are losing are on a cruise together?

      Delete
  5. BaaaaaWaaaah Your Jan is SOOOOOOOO funny... Guess she lives by the old saying a PENNY Saved is a Penny EARNED... BAAAAWAAAH....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and she plans to spend it on Amazon dot com. But, as Summer stated, Jan's math skills are fuzzy, so she's in for a surprise.

      Delete
  6. Math is always trouble BOL!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Math is certainly trouble around here. There is never enough math to stretch finances.

      Delete
  7. Well, hey, a penny saved is a penny earned...
    And Mr Doug was probably expecting a tip anyway for going to the store, haha. Jan's a BIG tipper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since Mr. Doug was not expecting a tip, Jan thinks he made out well on that deal. It's a good thing Mr. Doug has a sense of humor.

      Delete
  8. Whew! At least he didn't buy himself two mats or Jan might still be trying to figure it out! BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to make a suggestion for Jan's memory problem but I forgot what it was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we were going to respond to your suggestion but we forget if you remembered to make it.

      Delete
  10. guys....frank lee; we all failed at math in skewl sew de hole 30 cent tip and 6 $$$ matt that used ta be 25.16 wented WAAAAY over R headz....jan did good in that her getted a matt for 17.50 !!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so correct! That mat was one great value.

      Delete
  11. Poor Jan, you guys really need to cut her some slack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will when she finds a refurbished memory.

      Delete
  12. You know, it's called "Jan's Funny Farm" for a reason!!! Maybe all of you have driven her around the bend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guyz are so funny! You just told us all what Jan did...or are we eavesdropping? Oops..sorry!

    Sasha, Sami, & Saku

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wait, is this that common core math, or something??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We're not sure. Perhaps it could be common sense math?

    ReplyDelete
  16. BOL/MOL!!

    When our secretary goes to the store and uses cash instead of plastic...she sometimes has the change in her hand, then she hunts for the paper part...well...once she gave the change to the cashier and just stood there...and so did the cashier...until the secretary realized the cashier was waiting for the reminder of the needed funds, Oh, MY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan will be glad to know she isn't alone. :)

      Delete
  17. What is so funny ? We didn't hear anything funny here, and none told us anything funny either MOL ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.