Friday, December 13, 2013

Puppy No Name and Truffles

Hey, remember me?  The woofers posted on me yesterday after I was delivered to their door unexpectedly.  I was a good boy and didn't bother the Funny Farmer Felines - in fact, I think Cameron likes me - so they said it is okay to help them post today.  My name?  I don't know my name.  Jan said she was thinking of calling me "Mickey Mouth" while I'm here but I have no idea why.

I have been very helpful.

I helped keep Jan up till 1:30 am Tuesday night.  Then she put me in a big cat carrier and went to bed but I didn't want to be alone.  So I sang.  I sang at the top of my lungs.  And the woofers joined me.  I sang and they howled until 2 am.  It was so much fun, but Jan wasn't very appreciative.  She kept yelling, Shut up!  Finally, she covered the carrier with an afghan and a towel so I couldn't see anything.  It was lonely and boring, so I went to sleep.

I slept until 6 am.  Jan said that was good.  She took me outside for a quick pee. I guess she didn't want me to sing again so she let me up on the big bed.  I only fell off twice.  I tried to get Jan to play but she wasn't interested, so I finally curled up and went to sleep.  It was so much nicer than sleeping alone in the carrier.


Merci doesn't mind the cold weather so she spent some time outside.  I followed her around and did whatever she wanted.  You can pick me out easily.  I'm the one wearing the red sweater.  Ms Pat sent it to Merci several years ago but it's too small for her.  It's a little big in the shoulder and chest for me but Jan was concerned about me getting sick after being lost, cold and hungry.  So Merci said it is okay for me to wear her sweater.

We played tag, we dug in the dirt, we ran around ... it was fun.  Sam?  Not so much.  He's so big but he's a scaredy cat.  (Don't tell him I said that, though.  He might step on me.)  Buddy is an old fogey.  He doesn't like to play.


See how well I match the leaves in the pen.  I helped Jan rake them.  I chased the mean ole rake every time it tried to attack her and gave it the ole bitey.  That was hard work!  After a while she let me go into the house and take a nap while she finished.  But she wouldn't have finished today if it hadn't been for me.


This is what I've been doing ever since.  It sure has been a tiring day.  But that's okay.  I'll be awake again tonight to sing Jan to sleep.


The Funny Farmer Felines interviewed a kitty this week by the name of Truffles from the Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries & More blog. 

You can read the interview Not the Chocolate … Truffles the Tortie on Mousebreath, the ezine for kitties by kitties.  This is a must read, whether or not you are acquainted with Truffles.  She's fairly new to blogging but is doing a great job.

Little Puppy No Name (Marcus) signing out for the Funny Farmer Felines.

*whisper* Um ... how did I do, guys?  


Oh, and we're going to join Rascal and Rocco's Pet Parade blog hop today.


25 comments:

  1. you did go "no name"....sounds like you were LOTS of help last night (hope Miss Jan finds your family soon...MOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute pup! I hope you didnt hurt yourself to much falling off the bed!!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nooooo, poor Jan. M said she forgot what little puppies can be like besides all their cuteness. Hope you all can get the sleeping arrangements worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I'll have to go back and read how your new little one arrived at your door but do I ever know what it's like to have a puppy. Jodie just turned two but those first few months were no sleep for me. Hope you get some. Cute though, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice of you to sing Jan to sleep and help her with the yard work! lol! What a cutie! BTW, I love Sam's chef hat in your festive banner. Have a fantastic weekend and let Jan get some quiet sleep. I think she might prefer that. Thanks for sharing on the Pet Parade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a supercute puppy, hope he is not hurt :P from falling

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Puppy No Name (can we call you PNN??). I had hoped maybe your owner might have found you with those schoolboys knocking on doors but in the meantime it sure sounds like you were LUCKY to be where you are. Love your red sweater - nice to be warm and cozy isn't it. I know it wasn't so nice in the cold on the streets! Now don't keep everybody awake tonight - there's nothing to be scared of. You're safe!

    Holiday Hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Puppy No Name.. you did a super job with your furst post...
    You know there is a OLDIES song that goes somethingy like this..

    I'll sing you to sleep.. after the the tummy Rubbin.

    Jan must have been THRILLED that you knew how to do that... AND that you helped with the Raking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job puppy no name! I sure hope Jan can find your true home soon, even tho you are cute & seem helpful!
    the comment thingee wouldn't except my 1st message, so trying again!
    Wishing all the furrys a Merry Christmas!! Faythe @ GrammyMouseTails

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! Mom is cracking up. I bet your voice was beautiful
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. another grate interviews guys...N ya noe...de wee pup DOEZ look like leevez...ya wood think his peepulz by now wood be total lee worried bout him :(

    heerz two a grate week oh end !~~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear you have been a help to Jan and I can imagine how much it was appreciated last night. o wonder you are exhausted. You give Jan a break tonight little one. Hugs Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ya done good little one and I have fallen off the bed myself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so cute. My cat sings for my around 4am each morning. LOL.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mickey Mouth, we think you're adorable!!!
    So do you sing alto or soprano?
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mickey Mouth, you sure a helpful little dude! For some reason, humans need to sleep at night, so maybe you could let Jan get some Zs tonight, okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. We thinks you did a pawsome job No Name puppy. Even if we don't like woofies much, MOL

    Sasha, Sami, & Saku

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMC!!!! You are super cute for a woofie!! I wonder where you come from? I also wonder whether you've insinuated yourself into the FFF household for good!???

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey little guy, you did a fabulous job on the post! Bless you Jan, you have such a kind heart. We hope that a home can be found for the little sweetie ASAP, sending our prayers his way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We dont THINK we are involved with Google+, but ya never know these days.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh bless your cottons with the wailing in the night...been a lonnnng time since i had that :) a good 11 years..but remember it well...hope you find your way soon little one :) hugs Fozziemum xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. you are adorable! I hope you get a forever home soon

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how fun!!!Being the newbie is very weird, just ask Gracie! The first two weeks she spent her nights screaming from her crate until Mum figured out she wanted to sleep in her crate downstairs instead of in our bedroom. Guess she just wanted to be sure and keep an eye on things for us, BOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.