Thursday, December 19, 2013

Puppy No Name Squeaks

Little Puppy No Name (Marcus):  Hey, remember me?  I'm little Puppy No Name.  I've been staying here for a week now, waiting for my lost owner to be found.  The weather was terrible last week and we nearly froze when Jan tried to take me out searching.  In between rainstorms.

Now that the weather is "warmer" and drier, she says I need to be in the public eye, so I get to walk with the big woofers now.  When I said I wanted to go on Monday, Jan thought she'd have to bring me back after a block, but I did their whole route!  Merci laughed at me.  She said they all walk their normal pace and I try to lead the pack with my little legs pumping like windmills.  But I keep up.

Meanwhile,in case you've wondered why we disappeared for a few days, Jan says we've all been keeping her extra busy since bad weather brings sick animals.  Merci wasn't feeling well last week and was very sick last weekend,   Merci is okay now but Jan says she's too pooped to think.  Percy says that isn't unusual, but not to mention that to Jan.  Okay, I won't.

Tuesday, we were in the back pen and Jan went out the front door to throw out trash.  I got upset because she wasn't in the pen with us, so she hurried in the front door and out the back to reassure me.  Only I wasn't there!  She ran for the front door to try to catch me before I got lost.  When she opened the front door, there I was, sitting on the mat, waiting.  She was so proud of me.  I got a big hug.  When she did the same thing later, I tried to go after her again but I couldn't slip through the gate.  She'd blocked the openings around the gate.

Oh, we won Ruckus the Eskie's giveaway.of a 3 month subscription from DoggyLoot Toy of the Month.  Buddy and Sam aren't much for playing with toys any more, but Sam still does.  So Jan signed him up. Our first toy was a Kyjen Invincibles Reindeer squeaker.  So Jan took us outside and laid the reindeer down, raised the camera and -


- she caught me sprinting away with it.  See it down in the lower left.  I took it right out from under Sam's nose.


Buddy watched me shake that reindeer and show it who is boss!  It squeaked and squealed and screamed for mercy.


When I was done with it, it had no fight left.  So I took off like a blur. Merci went over to see if the reindeer was still in one piece.  It was.

Buddy asked if he needed to resuscitate it, but I said not yet.  I was checking out the packaging, in case there were any edibles with it.  There weren't.

Oh, just for the record, these photos are just to share the fun of giving Sam "his" new toy.  NOT a re-view.  :)


We had a lot to be thankful for this week, so we're joining Pepi Smart Dog's Thankful Thursday blog hop.








And also This 'N That Thursday co-hosted by 2 Brown Dawgs and Ruckus the Eskie.

28 comments:

  1. What a great win, sure looks like you enjoyed that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a dull moment around your pad. I think someone is making himself right at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY THERE No Name... WE think you did a good job of NOT getting lost AGAIN.
    AND you deaded that Deer Squeaker Stuffie... like a PAWfessional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are glad you are keeping up with all the other dogs - and hope everyone is feeling better. hope your family is out there looking for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for looking out for the little fellow until he finds his home..um....
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a lot of excitement around there. We hope you find your lost home, but if you don't, sounds like you have a great new one all lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should move in and get your very own name!
    I hope no one else gets poorly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew, I sure am glad Jan saw you. you were a good boy to sit there and wait for her. Hopefully everyone will stay well now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are a vary vary good boy for not running away - it's like you want to stay there! ;-) we do hopes you find your lost owner and we hope you lost owner is a GOOD owner and is looking for you too. you are a sweet sweet puppy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe Jan's home will end up being your forever home

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It isn't easy to learn to be good but you seem to know how.

    Your new toy seems like a lot of fun.

    Sometimes older dogs need a young one like you to remind them of the fun they had. We know that since Maddy Jean is 10 and Jodie is two.

    Enjoy your Holidays,
    JC and The Purr and Fur Gang

    ReplyDelete
  12. ConCATulations to the funny toy you won !
    I see you enjoyed it furry much :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww so glad they were both able to enjoy it. Can't wait to see what you will get in the future months!

    ReplyDelete
  14. With all you have going on you make our lives seem boring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. uh...guys....we hope that rein deer wuz knot rudolph !!!! hope everee one iz feelin WAY better...claus countdown ina few...gotta bee well N good ta keep watch for him twoozday nite !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Puppy No Name.....I think it's just so sad that your family - WHOEVER they were - didn't try and find you. I think you are VERY smart though to find your OWN home....temporary or permanent it shows a whole lot of "moxy"! I'm proud of you!!

    Holiday Hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on winning the Doggie Loot giveaway!! Hope they are enjoying the stuff!
    Also, I was wondering the other day about that little pup you found!
    Glad you posted an update. I hope you are able to find his home!
    ((husky hugz))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like Sam really enjoys his new toy!
    Puppy No Name is adorable! Way to keep up with the big dogs pup :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay - that reindeer laying face down in the next photo looks like a giant scorpion. Just sayin'.
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. We think you are always busy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for joining TNT. I think you should give puppy no-name a name because he is cute and you should keep him of no one comes looking for him. :) Congrats on your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We know how things can get busy at yer place. No problem.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Also, wanted to say thank you for linking up to This 'N That Thursday Blog Hop. See you next week! (if not earlier!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did a wonderful job on this post, little No-Name. Even though she likely needs it, I doubt Jan really got any rest. I am in awe of her energy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Go Red Go!!!

    wif lubbs from Little Reufus

    ReplyDelete
  26. So glad Merci is feeling better. That looks like a fun toy.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.