Sunday, August 07, 2016

Roll Into Space

Merci:  Hey, Rusty, what happened?  You're bald.


Rusty:  No, I'm not bald.  Just half naked.

Merci:  Oh, I remember this.  It was taken - can it really be ten years ago? 

Rusty: Yes, I was living with Miss Mother (I'm a good Southern cat) then.  I fell off the refrigerator and Jan thought it was because my fur was matted, so she took me to the groomer for a shave and Miss Mother cried because she feared Jan wouldn't take me back home.


Merci: But you fall off everything - the bookcase, the printer, the air conditioner ...

Rusty:  I do now, but I didn't back then.  Miss Mother wasn't doing well and she had a hard time grooming me.  Now I'm old and a bit forgetful and sometimes I just roll into space and crash.

Merci:  I hope crashing isn't contagious.  Jan likes to fly into space and crash.

Rusty:  I wouldn't worry about it.  You're very sure-pawed on solid ground and you don't ever climb.

Merci:  I sound very boring.

Rusty:  No, not boring.  Safe and sound.  To stay that way, avoid Marcus, keep your distance from Jan and don't nap near where I'm sleeping.

Merci:  I think I'll go spend the day in the closet.

18 comments:

  1. Rusty, this is the first time we've seen these pictures. Glad your beautiful fur all grew back. Merci, the closet sounds safe, but then you'd miss all the fun adventures that happen at the Funny Farm! :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    I agree with mmm, the closet might be safe, but it would get monotonous! I has the spce/crash thing too. Which probably means it isn't contagious. Guess that means you either get it, or you don't. Like mumps. Unlike age - efurrybuddy catches age - or it catches them... sigh... hugs wags and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Sister Sascha says she can relate to the no fur thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The closet sounds like the place to be!

    Monty, Harlow and Ramble

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMC ! It's the first time we see you naked (or almost) ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually you look quite sexy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe a closet with a window. stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks fabulous now so shaving didn't hurt you overall beauty. ♥ Falling is no fun at all. Be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is what Snowball looks like after she goes to the groomer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have the right idea Merci. Just don't get locked in and miss your dinner.

    Rusty, you are gorgeous with or without your furs!!
    Sasha, Sami, & Saku

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um, mebbe I should not complain about having my fur flea-combed to pull out mats recently... ~ MARLEY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You sure look better now with all the furs in the right pawlaces.


    ReplyDelete
  13. Snorts with piggy laughter. Now that is a look my friend - it stands out and says, "Here me roar!". And don't worry about rolling off things. Mommy rolled off the bed the other night. See, even humans do it. XOXO - Bacon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rusty we're glad to know these are older photos and that all your fur is intact!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rusty, happy to know you're half-nekked days are over. I'm a trained groomer and um...I'd never shave a cat half-nekked. Herman used to get fully shaved in the summertime, but then he complained about being cold. So I gave him a sweater. Then he complained about being hot. I finally decided his complaining wasn't worth it, so I gave up shaving him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Rusty, falling off of things is OK if you aren't too high :) Half nekked is ok if it is really warm outside!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rusty, you do not look rusty at all! And with obstacles such as Marcus and others we will not mention, yes, maybe the closet is a good choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.