Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Translating Goose to Dog


Minnie:  What are you staring at so intently?

Mo:  You see those two dogs over there?  The one on the right is  called Marcus and he thinks he speaks goose.

Minnie:  So you're going to attack him?

Mo:  No, I'm going to honk at him until his ears burn.


Marcus:  Hey, Buddy, I'm so glad we ran into Minnie and Mo again.  Jan won't let me wear my sign in public (Giggle of Goose Gaggle) but Mo is honking at me anyway.  He says he really looks forward to seeing me on our walks.

Buddy:  You can't honestly believe a goose looks forward to seeing you.

Marcus:  Of course I do.  Mo wouldn't lie. 

Buddy:  But what if you're translating geese ... er, goosespeak wrong?

Marcus:  Here, I'll translate for you.  Mo says, "Marcus is my best friend, except for you, Minnie.  It's a shame he doesn't have wings.  He could fly away with us."


Minnie:  Mo, I think you need to calm down a bit and stop honking at that Marcus dog. 

Mo:  I've been speaking my opinion of him at full volume for ten minutes and that dog thinks I'm flattering him.  

Minnie:  Perhaps he needs his hearing checked.

Mo:  Maybe he needs a dictionary!

Minnie:  Oh, I know.  He's having a problem with your accent.  We're Canadian Geese.  Marcus is a Georgia dog.  They speak Southern Drawl here.

16 comments:

  1. This sounds like a very noisy post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is the accent too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOL!!! they are everywhere by the pond and their poop are just yucky :-) Golden Woofs SUGAR

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up on a farm and we had geese. Vicious things so they made very good guard 'dogs'!

    That's Purrfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD OMD MARCUS.... Mo said he wants to be your Bestest Furend??? THAT is SOUPER.. you could invite him fur SUPPER. BaaaaaaaaWaaaah.
    No.. seriously... it is cool drool that he is HONKING beclaws he wants to be your Furend.

    BUTT we DO think that you SHOULD have been allowed to wear your SIGN... There may be OTHER Geese who are in need of a GOOD FUREND... Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since you are speaking goose are you gonna fly too?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure he does look forward to seeing you on your walks- who wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Marcus, hope springs eternal! Once they get to really know you, they'll change their honk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hari OM
    Gracious Goosie, maybe you need to use semaphore - you have the wings for it eh? Meanwhile, Marcus, I love your optimism lad... hugs honks and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. MOL we think you need a recording AND a translator! Raz says thanks for the birthday wishes!!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inter-species talking at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our geese never hava a hard time honking y'all get outta the way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We think Marcus might have gotten lost in the translation. Be careful, those Canadian geese can be mean. Mom bean says they might even chase you!

    Sasha, Sami, & Saku

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hee hee! They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We guess good things are also in the ear of the be-hearer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Canada Goose!! BOL! Do they have the correct visa to be here...growlmy is a Canadian and she had to get a green card...which is *not* green by the way...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.