Thursday, May 19, 2016

Biscuits and Turkey Tea


Marcus:  *singing softly* ...rich folks eatin in their private dining cars...   prolly chompin biscuits and drinkin turkey tea...

Percy:  Hey, I recognize that tune.  Isn't that from "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash?


Marcus:  Sort of.  I'm just sitting here in my private dining car waiting for Jan to allow me my one hour in the exercise yard with the other inmates.

Percy:  Marcus, you just ate breakfast and you're waiting for Jan to finish taking pictures of Buddy and Merci for the dog food review next week.

Marcus:  Oh, what a relief!  My sentence has been commuted.

Percy:  Your sentence is way off track.  There is no such line as "prolly chompin biscuits and drinkin turkey tea" in the song.

Marcus:  There isn't?  Are you sure?

Percy:  Positive.  Here's Johnny Cash himself.  Listen and learn.


If the video doesn't play, click here.

Join Pepi Smart Dog and friends for the Thankful Thursday blog hop.  

11 comments:

  1. MOL, I dunno,turkey tea sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    I LOVE JC!!! Yes Him too... but I agree with the Lone Stars; turkey would be a hole lot better than cigars... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would have made for an interesting tune.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect song to sing while you are locked up
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Johnny Cash :) Nice video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a short sentence, Marcus. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I LOVE Johnny Cash but I did NOT hear 'turkey tea' or anything like what YOU heard, Marcus.
    I think you were wishful thinkin'...
    Maybe you could make up some new lines for the song and sell them. And I hope they finally let eat something fancy in your private dining car.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We do like your private dining car!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a huge fan of the Man in Black. ♥ Have you heard A Boy Named Sue? It is so funny to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PepiSmartDog: private dining car! WooHo! Marcus is living large. BOL!
    Thank you for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop. Love your posts and look forward to seeing what you got up to this week. *waves paw* :=o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are furry imaginative, Marcus!

    We here all might like turkey tea though, Hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.