We decided you might need a photo of one of us so you don't forget what we look like. I'm Merci.
We'd all like to reiterate our request for help for a great group of humans helping animals that have no other voice.
Our neighbors in Pike County, Georgia have no animal control and no shelter. Friends of Pike County Animals (FPCA) is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization (currently seeking 501 (c) 3 status) We hope you can spare a minute - daily until January 31 - to vote for FPCA for the Pepsi $50,000 grant.
Their goals for the grant are to -
* •Provide a community forum to discuss animal related issues.
* •Raise funding for an Animal Adoption & Education Center.
* •Partner with organizations to provide low cost spay & neuter services
* •Promote pet adoptions and establish a fostering network.
* •Confront animal cruelty & protect those (pets) who cannot speak.
You can vote for them at Create an animal adoption & education center in rural Pike County, GA.
Or you can go to the FPCA website and click on the vote widget.
And please pass this on and ask your friends to vote. We all know how important it is that any community's animals have an advocate..
They have dropped from 155 to 164. They need a lot of votes to move up and win.