Oops. We said yesterday the animals are not at the shelter. Things were so confused when Jan was there Monday, so it didn't occur to her she never heard a single bark. That was a first. So she and others assumed the animals had been moved, but they hadn't. The dogs were outside -- but still, not a single bark. They are always barking.
And she learned today there were high flames outside from the propane burning that alerted a passerby to the fire. (The lightning hit the propane line.)
And it also hit the heating unit in the kitchen. It took out the internet and phone lines. Not just the outside line into the shelter but to poles out at the highway.
We are just so thankful someone saw it and reported it before it was too late.
As to the computer, Jan's computer is still having trouble associated with the hard drive that died. Some of her programs are still looking for photos on the other drive. So her brother has run into a confused computer and it looks like it might be visiting him longer than they thought it would. Jan is going crazy without a computer again, but we'll be back when we can. Soon!