Tuesday, January 11, 2005

MR. BUDDY, JOURNALIST


Mr. Buddy, Journalist, in writing hat.


MR. BUDDY, JOURNALIST
Copyright 2005 Janice Price

This is my new journal and I'm so excited. Mr. Buddy, Journalist, sounds so much more honorable than Mr. Peeandpoop, which is what my servant Jan has been calling me the last three weeks. I didn't mind so much when I was a baby, but I'm approaching three months of age now and should be treated with more respect.

Jan talks to me a lot and I listen. Actually, she talks to herself and I eavesdrop. She says journaling is supposed to be a great exercise for a writer. but she just can't get the hang of it and rips up whatever she writes. So this morning she opened a new blog and said if I can learn to do it, so can she.

She even gave me a writer's hat. When she put it on my head it fell down around my neck. I thought it was my morning snack, but she said, "No!" It didn't taste so good, anyway. Jan claims I'll grow into it because I'm already over ten pounds and growing longer and slimmer every day. Maybe she needs a writer's hat so she'll grow longer and slimmer too. She can have mine.

I'm not sure why she named my site "Jan's Funny Farm." I thought I lived at "Jan's Zoo." She kept telling my dog friend Miss Merci and our cat companions we run like a herd of elephants, climb like monkeys, race like gazelles, and chatter like magpies.

Then this morning she was mumbling a lot, something about feeling like she is living at a funny farm with cracked nuts and fruitcakes. I'm not sure what that means but it sounds like food to me, and if she's hoarding it, I'll find it.

Jan is letting me use her Mercy And Percy email address, so start those cards and letters coming so she won't sign me off permanently.

This is Mr. Buddy, Journalist, signing off for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.