Monday, November 05, 2012

Micah Announces Book Winner

Hey, Micah here again. You won't believe what happened yesterday. Jan lost me. In the house, no less. She brought that big noisy machine into my bedroom again and I got so scared I forgot all about Percy and ran to hide. And then she couldn't find me. She moved furniture, crawled the floor, hollered for me. But I wasn't anywhere. She finally gave up and figured I'd turn up when I was hungry. 

And I did turn up 2 1/2 hours later.  She went into the kitchen to feed her face ... um, to feed the dogs and then fix herself some dinner, and there I was.  Tucked in a corner with Rusty and Percy watching me. She picked me up and put me on a warm blankie on a tall table near the computer.  I was worn out and went to sleep with Rusty and Percy standing guard to make sure I didn't fall off the table.  (Ha! As if they cared!).

Yep, there I am in front of the bookcase in the living room and for once I am not getting beaten up by Percy.  Later, Jan carried me back to my bedroom and I spent Sunday recuperating from that big adventure underneath the short table I like to hide ... er, nap under.  This place is exhausting!  No peace, no privacy.  And Percy is everywhere.  Jan is calling him Houdini.

And now for our news.  We would like to thank all of you that entered our book giveaway. Yesterday we made a numbered list of all the entries and Random.org picked #2 as the winner.

We are pleased to announce that Brian was #2 on the list and he will receive a hardbound copy of Paws to Reflect by Devon O'Day. Congratulations, Brian! 

We saw a lot of peace globes yesterday.  So much talent and so many innovative ideas among the pet bloggers.  We came across one last night we'd like to share with you.  It will only take a moment to pop over and see it at Ask Fisher


14 comments:

  1. Hi Jan and critters - thank you so much for giving us the mention on our peace globe. I was a beautiful day for us and I hope all others who joined in. Peace to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First...Micah, you had some peace from Percy? Must have been because of all the peace blogging yesterday!

    Second...Congrats to Brian on winning the book!

    Third...We just checked out Fisher's peace globe and it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Brian!

    You mean you were right up there in Percy's face and lived to tell us about it? WOW! Miracles do really happen.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting, thanks!!! I sure am glad you were found silly Micah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you are safe Micah. Junior did that to mom a while ago and almost gave her heart failure.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. We scream at that monster and my Lily bites it. Glad you were found
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate it when the monster comes out..Youz get a heated blankie :)? Big concatulations to Brian, they are such a wonderful bunch. Have a great Monday xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry that bad ol' machine scared you, but I think it's great that you were out and even napped out of your room! Keep making progress baby, and that Percy will stop bugging you. Soon we hope.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Micah!! Glad Jan found you!!

    Yay for Brian! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to Brian. We don't like our Kirby monster, either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Brian, I bet he'll love that book
    Cotton

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Brian winning the book. That is terrific. Miczh, sure glad that you were found. That is so scary when someone disappears. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray for Brian! We bet he and his humans will enjoy that book. :)

    Micah, that sounds like such an ordeal. We can understand why you were so exhausted.

    We really liked Fisher and Jobi's peace globe, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Micah! That must has been a scary adventure. Mes would has milked it for 2 days though. And concatulations to Brian for the book!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.