We recently posted on Baby Patches' spring photo contest, but we neglected to post a follow-up. We also neglected to post an award. (Jan, this is all your fault! You should pay more attention to what we're not doing when we should be doing it. After all, we inherited your bad memory!) Click here to view Rusty's photo entry.
We almost missed entering Rusty's photo in Baby Patches' New Furriends Spring Photo Contest. But with her help, we got him entered. The winners were announced the next day and Rusty was among the Honorable Mentions. Well, as you know from past posts, we take after Jan in some respects and she can be a bit dense at times. We assumed there was the winner, the 3 runners-up, and then all the others were Honorable Mention. But last night it finally sunk in. Rusty is among the Honorable Mentions. And today we got his badge to post. So, thank -- Oh, we'll let Rusty have a word.
Rusty: Thank you, Baby Patches. I'm honored to have participated with all those handsome kitties. Congratulations toTigerLily the winner and Maggie Mae, Chilli and Ginger Jasper the runners-up.
And from all of us at JFF, thank you, Socks, Scylla, Charybdis & Fenris, for this uplifting award.
The Life Is Grand Award has the following rules, tell 5 reasons why you think life is grand and then pass it on to 5 more blogs.
Okay, here goes:
1) Because Jan gave us this computer, we get to meet so many wonderful furries and humans through this blog. **uh-oh. Correction. Jan says this computer is not ours! ** So, we'll have to change it to, because Jan lets us use this computer....
2) We have a bed big enough for all of us to pile on. However, Jan insists on sleeping there too. This greatly reduces the available space for furries and thus most of us have to find alternative napping spots.
3) We have all the food we need (as opposed to all the food we want!).
4) We have so many books to read we may never get to read them all.
5) It's spring and when it stops raining, we'll get to watch the squirrels and chipmunks through the back screen door again.
We're told we have to get off of Jan's computer now so she can use it, so we'll have to wait to choose 5 blogs to poss this on.
But even so, Life is Grand.