Friday, October 24, 2014

Oven Incident


Merci:  Uh-oh, who are we giving the Fractured Paw Award to this time? 

Micah:  You need to ask?  Who do we usually give it to?

Rusty:  Someone klutzy.  Who do we know who has been klutzy this time?

Sam:  I'm surprised you need to ask.  Jan, of course.

Percy:  So what did she do this time?  Or should I ask what particular accident deserves this award?

Cameron:  I know.  It has to be for Wednesday when Mr. Doug told her to set up his old monitor with her old computer in case he needed it when he worked on the new one.

Buddy:  Oh, yes, I remember that.  It was stored on a table in a corner with a sheet over it.  It weighs a ton, but she picked it up, backed up through the room, maneuvered around to put it on another table and realized the monitor needed to be on the filing cabinet where the printer was or no one could see it.

Cyndi:  Since the computer was down, she was moving things around and cleaning, so there she was wandering around with this heavy monitor trying to figure out where she could set it down.  She finally set it on our typing chair on wheels but it was too big for the chair so she rolled the chair up to the desk and used furniture to keep it from rolling while she moved the printer.  .

Marcus:  And then Mr. Doug arrived and asked if it was hooked up.  She said no and he said, "Good, I won't need it."

Merci:  But she didn't break the monitor so why does she need this award?

Rusty:  It was fun to watch her stagger around with the monitor, but that wasn't klutzy, so it can't be for the monitor incident.

Marcus:  Is it because Jan dropped the bucket of cat toys and all the balls went rolling around the room?


Cyndi:  No.  That's klutzy, but not award winning.

Micah: I know, it was the oven incident. 

Cameron:  Yes, that has to be it.  Jan tried to roast a chicken a few weeks ago and not only did the chicken start turning black before it was cooked, but the smoke detector went off.  She hadn't used the oven all summer and at first she thought it was burning off dust, but the oven was way hotter than it should have been.

Buddy:  When she tried to use the oven Monday, she thought it was way too hot again, so she tried to balance an oven thermometer on the rack using a pair of tongs so she wouldn't burn herself.

Sam:  Only she isn't all that coordinated and she bumped the top of the overheated oven with her hand.  A number of tea tree oil applications stopped it from blistering, but it sure has been painful.

Percy:  The stove is so old we don't think the landlord will be able to fix the oven even if he wants to spring for a new part, so there goes all hope of eating hot roast beef or ham or turkey.

Buddy:  We didn't get roast beef or ham when the oven worked.  Why are you mourning it now?

Percy:  Because now all hope of ever eating any is dead. 

Rusty:  So let's take back the award.  If Jan hadn't burned herself, our oven wouldn't be broken and we could at least dream of succulent meals.

Merci:  My head is spinning.  Your logic defies ... logic.  I think I need a nap. 

Percy:  We apologize but there is no Mousebreath interview this week.




The Pet Parade is hosted by Rascal and Rocco.  Stop by to see who is this week's Featured Favorite blogger.

It is co-hosted by Bionic Basil, Barking from the Bayou, Love is being owned by a husky, and us (Jan's Funny Farm).

There are two parts to the blog hop - the linkz and the social media.






get the InLinkz code









get the InLinkz code

26 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! BOL! Next time just do takeout! BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always laugh at your momma cos hers is just like our momma.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owwwwieee! We hope Jan's paw heals up soon. PS: our mom doesn't cook either... but the microwave sure gets a work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD....Poor Jan.....what a rough week!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, someone better pour Jan a drink, she's had a heck of a week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh OUCH!!!! poor Jan!!! I bet it hurts like crazy!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yowouch!

    Hope those burns heal up soon. Shell have some scars to help her remember not to try that again...

    What you gonna do fur Thanksgiving, now? New oven by then?? We hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Jan's hand heals quickly, Ouch! Glad the monitor didn't fall on her. And I like your Halloween background! Happy Pet Parading friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! We sure hope the all better finds Jan and her hand soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Jan ! We hope her hand heals quickly ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really IS always something at your house! I hope Jan's hand heals fast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. guys....if ewe stixed a turkee in de oven...thatz why it doez knot werk

    troo lee honest lee for reel ~~~

    heerz two a grate week oh end with plentee oh perch on yur platez ! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our mom is dropping things and tripping this week (month). She's prolly eligible for the Lifetime Achievement Award of Clutzyness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miss Jan had better NOT try to CARRY all these awards that she keeps getting our she will PULL HER BACK OUT Next..

    OK... don't Panic... you can do Beef and chicken and TURKEY in a Crock Pot...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor Jan! Are you gonna at least help her with her chores until she heals?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poor Jan! Her burn sounds pretty darned painful. You Funny Farmers take good care of her, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our mom says burns is the worst. She should know she has burn marks on her arm where a cookie sheet got her twice last week. Did Jan say a lot of naughty words like out mom when her hand touched the hot stove? That landlord has to fix or replace that broken stove for all of you. We want you all to be able to dream of delicious hams & turkeys cookin' in the oven. Even if you never use it, the landlord has to get a working oven for you guys. It the law and usually they need to get it done within 7 days of you notifying him. Good thing us cats took that correspondence course in real estate law. We gots a dip-low-ma for 20 green papers we sent the school, so we official lawyers. Here's hoping there are no incidents at Jan's house this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. MOWZERS that burn sounds icky & painful!!! Purrs that she is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really you should have videoed the whole monitor incident, I'd like to have seen that! Too bad about the oven and your poor hand, but good excuse to eat out more! Hope the hand heals fast.
    Love & Biscuits,
    Cathy, Isis & Phoebe
    www.dogsluvusandweluvthem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I wanted to say how much I like your Halloween Header, it looks spooktacular!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sowwy Jan burned hers hand. But ifin yous rentin' won't da landlord weplace da oven? Ifin hims like ows it kuld be Christmas afur yous get it, but at least at sum point yous wuld get one. As fur da monitor, MOL Sowwy to laff but dat's da way it always goes.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, poor Jan! Mom bean says burns are the worst because there isn't much one can do for them.

    We has been away too, 'cuz the mom bean abandoned us in the middle of the week. Plus she's just plain lazy!

    Good to see efurrybody! Have a great (pain-free) week!

    Sasha, Sami, & Saku

    ReplyDelete
  23. Poor sweet Jan, we are so sorry about the burn. And sorry too that she moved that heavy monitor and it was not even needed. You know what...we think you all can still dream of getting hot roast beef, ham or turkey. Just dream of a new oven too. Hugs and nose kisses

    ReplyDelete
  24. MOL! We had the oven catch fire one day. The electric burners suddenly started sparking. TBT turned it off, but it kept sparking.

    He decided it was "arc-burning". He never saw it before, but he said it looked like arc-welding, so he wasn't sure what ta do. He used a fire-putter-outer, but it dint werk.

    So he called the fire department and asked that they send over one expert to give advice. We got 2 fire department cars and 2 fire ladder trucks...

    It was hilrious. TBT threw himself at the front door and yelled "YOU WILL NOT SPRAY THE HOUSE"!

    So they came in and looked at the stove until the sparking stopped.

    Wow, WE could have done that, but TBT had thrown us and Grandad out on the deck for safety. TBT replaced the oven the next day... But it sure was eciting...

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh poor Jan!
    will the land lord not buy a new oven? over here it would be illegal of him not to.
    ~Lickies, Ludo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks. We love to hear from you.