Friday, August 17, 2018

Marcus the Hero




Marcus:  As you all know, I am very dignified and sober.  So imagine my surprise a couple of Saturdays ago when there was a loud disturbance in the house. To the best of my recollection, it went something like this.

Marcus:  Jan, get off the phone. Quickly!  There's a strange noise.  I think we have a gas leak.

Jan:  Oh, my brave boy.  We'll all go outside and I'll call for help right away.

Marcus:  Follow me.  I'll lead you all to safely.  Cyndi, what's so funny?

Cyndi:  You are.  That is most certainly NOT what happened.

Marcus:  It's the way I remember it.

Cyndi: It's the way you want to remember it.  I saw the whole thing.  Jan was on the phone talking to Mr. Doug. You ran to Jan and tried to get her attention.

Marcus:  It was the noise.  It was very loud and it wouldn't stop.

Cyndi:  Yes, it was loud.  Even Mr. Doug heard it.  He asked Jan, "Is that what I think it is?"  And they both started laughing.  You were so scared you tried to climb on Jan's lap.

Marcus:  I was trying to protect her.  I was sure we had a gas leak.

Cyndi:  We didn't.  You did!  You! That's why they were laughing..

Marcus:  I never! 

Cyndi:  You certainly did.  It wasn't your fault, though.  If you remember, Jan put you on that new vitamin powder.  She was supposed to double the dose for the first two weeks, but after only two days, you scared yourself so silly, she cut you back to the regular dose.

Marcus:  Sunday morning my insides were singing, gurgling, whistling, swishing and just generally whooping it up. 

Cyndi:  We all heard it.  The band was playing at full volume but not in tune.

Marcus:  That was the end of the problem.  I don't like your version, though.  I prefer  mine.

Cyndi:  Of course you do. Not every dog gets to be a -

Marcus:  If you say "stinker", I'll tell Jan who knocked the glass off the washer.

Cyndi:  Hero.  I was going to say "hero".


20 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    BOL... oh, Marcus... do you know, I had visitors from Canada (blogpals!) during the past week and the hubby had not been used to a vegetarian diet dominant in - well - veges and lentils... need I say more??? &*> Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...gas leak ok. And OMD....I can smell it all the way to South Florida! Run....FAST!
    (He He He)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it was the thundering herd of elephants again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get that problem when I eat broccoli. Doesn't bother me a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is the BEST blog I have ever read!!! And Marcus, maybe you could...er..."tune" those...er...disturbances and write some music whilst playing the instrument! SOOOO FUNNY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny! It always makes us laugh when one of the boys has a gas leak and surprises themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marcus this and the apartment seeking a day or so ago have had my mom heehawing like a donkey!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh poor Marcus. Poor everyone else too who needed gas masks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. marcus.....dood....we iz CRACKIN UP !!!!!!!!!!!...984 pawz up dood ...tho sorree two ~~~~~~~ ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh No, Don't you hate it when that happens? Seems all those supplements want you to double up at furst. Mommy's learned to actually cut them in half and build up. Otherwise we couldn't live with outselves. MOL Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Remind me not to get that stuff for Saphera!

    ReplyDelete
  12. MOL!!! That is funny Marcus. Though we do feel some sympathy for you....don't tell anyone but our mom bean makes loud noises in the morning too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gas leaks of any kind are not good. Way to be a, um, hero, Marcus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. MOL, Marcus ! That's too funny ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello marcus its dennis the vizsla dog hay it sownds like yoo wer just as myoozikal their as tucker yoozed to be!!! if he wer stil arownd yoo cud hav performd a dooet!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Marcus, it happens to all of us - or at least it happens with Miss Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh-Oh! Protein powder does that too...to petcretary that is, BOL!

    Glad you heroically prevented a gaseous disaster!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.