Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Meet & Greet Casey, Goathouse, Jolly Paw

We are moving our Meet & Greets to this blog.  This was first published June 25, 2013.


Welcome to our latest Meet & Greet.

We will let Casey tell you about our first meet and greet of the week. After all, who would know more about the blog than the chief blogger?

Casey

Hey, Funny Farmers, you asked for folks to send in info about their blogs for your articles, so I wanted to tell you about the Legacy Chronicles. We're at savetheboxers.blogspot.com, and we're the official blog fro Legacy Boxer Rescue, a boxer rescue located in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex in Texas.

I'm the chief blogger, Casey the Boxer. I'm a 5-year-old alum of LBR. I was rescued when I was about 10 months old and very sick with demodetic mange. I'd lost all my fur and was itchy and skeered. But LBR got me healthy, and after 5 months in foster care, I found my momma!! I live with my sissy Cinderella, a 12-year-old LBR alum, and my kitty siblings Scribbles and Pigeon.

Cinderella

At the Chronicles, I blog all about the goings on of LBR, so that I can share information about our pawesome dogs up for adoption and our fundraisers and events. I also share stuff about my life, 'cause face it, I'm pretty cool. :) I share stories about other LBR alums, and just generally try to share information about rescues and boxers and how totally cool both are.

Casey & Cinderella
Casey and Cinderella invite you to stop by the Legacy Chronicles.



We were going to include the Goathouse Refuge, a no-kill animal sanctuary in Pittsboro, NC, lat week but their internet was down at the time. They are “dedicated to providing cage-free care for cats regardless of age, medical issues or disposition until a permanent loving adoptive home can be found.”

Goathouse Refuge

Why are we including a cat sanctuary? Well, why not? It just might turn out to be in your area and you or someone you know just might have a need for the information. Later, if not today.

Adopt, volunteer, become a sustainer, join their “Coffee Cats” (for those who are allergic or can not adopt a cat for whatever reason), or become a friend and tell others about them.

The Goathouse Refuge was suggested by Selina the Uniocular Kitty & star of the “One Eye on the Future” blog. Selina said, "They are SUCH a pawsome rescue, and we support them 100% just on our own. But they are small and could really use the exposure."


We would like to introduce Jolly Paw Prints. JPP isn't a pet blog in the usual sense, i.e. by or about pets. But it does feature occasional modeling by cocker spaniels Cocoa and Chanel. They are the inspiration behind mom Stephanie's custom-made, handmade pet collars. Your cat or dog would look very stylish in one of their dressy collars.

Jolly Paw Prints
If any of you have ever aspired to wear a mustache, you'll enjoy their mustache collar. The mustache is worn at the back of the head where all the girl dogs following you can see it best.

They are currently holding a photo contest with a nice prize. There's no mention of Australia-only, so we guess it's open to any cat or dog who'd like to enter. The deadline is June 30, so be sure to check it out today at Jolly Paw Prints.

And perhaps they could be persuaded to post photos of Cocoa and Chanel more often?


Send us your meet & greet suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.