Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Mr. I Speak Geese




Marcus: You'll never guess who I saw on our walk the other day?

Rusty:  The geese Minnie and Mo.

Marcus:  Yes.  How did you know?

Rusty:  When you got home, Buddy and Merci told us you had been carrying on a conversation with yourself again.


Marcus:  They're just jealous because they don't speak geese.  Er, goose.  Bird, they don't speak bird.

Rusty:  So what did the geese have to say this time?

Marcus:  Mo started honking as soon as he saw us coming.  He said he was so glad to see me again.  It's been a while and he missed my face.  Or maybe he said he missed my ears.  I had a hard time translating that part, but he did miss something about me.

Rusty:  Wait.  Did you say he missed your ears?  Seriously?

Marcus:  I'm not sure.  We don't speak the same dialect.

Rusty:  Are you sure he didn't suggest you clean your ears?

Marcus:  Why would he do that?

Rusty:  I heard a rumor that dogs with dirty ears hear things that aren't ... uh, real.

Marcus:  They do?  Maybe that's Merci's problem.  She keeps complaining I scream in her ear when we set out on a walk, and you all know I'm the calmest dog you know.  I never scream.  I think I'll go suggest Jan clean Merci's ears.

Cyndi:  Where's Marcus off to now?

Rusty:  I think he's going to suggest Jan clean Merci's ears so Merci doesn't hear him screaming when he's excited.

Cyndi:  That doesn't make any sense.

Rusty:  I know that and you know that, but Mr. I Speak Geese hasn't a clue.

15 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    BOL.... oh Marcus, one of these days you are going to get the better of these naysayers.... hugs and honks..errr.. wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bilingual dog. How cool is that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcus is quite an ambassador, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  4. guys....be az thanx full as one can bee for 900 life timez that ewe
    due KNOT.....speek geeze ~~~~~~~ ♥♥♥☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcus you sure do make a lot of good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marcus I bet those gooses loved you. stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. You speak geese? Does that mean you're a honky?

    ReplyDelete
  8. MOL ! Translating is often such a hard work ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marcus, you can come chat with the birds around here anytime you wish, sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Marcus. I believe that you talk to the geese and they talk to you. You might be the Dr. Doolittle of dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marcus, we have no doubt you talk to the geese...and the geese talk to you but we think there might be something lost in translation, MOL

    Somehow we're not certain you don't talk a little loud around Merci. Maybe Jan better not clean her ears.

    Sasha, Sami, & Saku

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so nice that you have found a way to converse with the geese.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marcus, there are some four-foots in the world who simply do NOT understand those who speak geese...er...goose...and it is only out of jealousy and envy that those same four-foot-friends try to shoot down (er...put down) your gooseapeak. And I'm sure you're ears are as clean as the plate in your dining car. Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe there's something lost in translation, Marcus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love that you know goosetalk, Marcus.
    The only word we can make out ourselves is 'honk' and it seems to be a rather multipurposed lingo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.