Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Meet & Greet Gizmo & Stinky

The Blogville Chronicle does not appear to be reopening, so with sadness and thanks to the BC staff, for inspiring us to start this project, we are moving the first of our Meet & Greets here to our own blog. This was published on June 4, 2013.


Welcome to tour new Meet & Greet column.  We're your hosts the Funny Farmers..

We ("we" as in us and you, not just us) are all a bit pressed for time.  New blogs are springing up daily.  Hey, by the minute is probably more like it.  And we all have favorite blogs we try to visit regularly.  But sometimes we lose a link and can't remember the name of the blog. Or we wonder how to meet and make new blogger friends.

Well, you can come by our Meet & Greet each Tuesday where you can read a short description of a few blogs - old or new - and pop by to paw a greeting.  You just might meet your new best friend here.  So pull up a chair and we'll dive in.


Gizmo
Gizmo's Terrier Torrent (Gizmo Geodog)

Hi! I’m Gizmo…a handsome terrier-about-town with a distinct point of view. I write about whatever interesting things come across my desk, appear on my twitter feed @GizmoGeodog, or meet me out on the geotrails of Florida. I love to geocache cause it takes me to all the wild places & I can get back to being a real dog andI believe in being a fit dog so I'm part of K9 Kamp this year. I care about all my brofurs & sisfurs who haven’t found their own forever homes yet, & raise funds to help them whenever I can. My girl brought me home from the shelter & together we explore our world. I do my best to make her smile, & she does her best for me. We are a team.

Blog link: http://www.terriertorrent.com



Chasing Feathers  (Sticky the Kitty)

Sticky is a new blogging kitty who lives with unfurry people, loves chasing feathers, and has just acquired a new house panther brofur named Sylvester from a shelter.  They have their own Twitter accounts but share the blog.

Blog link:  http://stickythekitty.wordpress.com/



Thank you, Gizmo, for bravely volunteering to be the first to send us a write-up about your blog. And thank you Abby of  Manx Mnews for sending us the link to Sticky's new blog.

Now that you have seen a sample of how easy it would be to send in a write-up on your own blog or info on one you'd like us to mention, we hope readers will participate. Blogging animals - dogs, cats, guinea pigs, etc. - are welcome to participate.  Send in the blog name and url, along with a blog description and photo, if it's your own blog or your human's..  If you're submitting one other than your own, please send us whatever you can about the blog.  It will get posted quicker if we don't have to research it.

Okay, we have finished the meet.  Now it's time to greet.  We hope you will stop by these two blogs, sniff around, and introduce yourself if you haven't already met.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.